The Mexican Mayan kings drank up to 30 pure chocolate drinks a day to maintain their vigour and valued the bean so highly that it was used as money. Raw Cacao products are a source of beta-carotene, amino acids (protein), Omega-3 EFA’s, calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulphur, potassium, and one of the best food sources of muscle relaxing, stress relieving magnesium – now you know why women crave chocolate every month!
Add to smoothies or milkshakes, make hot chocolate, sprinkle on coffee or icecream, add to cookie or muffin batter, or substitute for regular cocoa powder in dessert recipes.
THE WICKEDEST TRUFFLES EVER!
- Slowly heat 250g raw honey over very low heat, then add 250g chopped Cacao Butter until melted together.
- SIFT 250g Cacao POWDER into mixture, whisking until well mixed then add 3 Tablespoons maple syrup.
- Add up to 4/5ths of a cup of organic milk and whisk again – let cool down slightly before pouring into trays.
[notification style=”tip” font_size=”12px” ] TIP: Grease silicone ice cube trays with coconut or grapeseed oil (heart shape moulds are nice) to facilitate removal. Wowee!!!!! [/notification]
Makes approx 18 ‘golf ball’ size balls
- 2 cups granola or muesli
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup nut butter of your choice
- 1Tbsp CACAO POWDER
- 1 Tbsp MACA POWDER
- 1Tbsp ACAI POWDER
2Tbsp Toasted sesame seeds OR 1/4 cup Toasted coconut OR 1Tbsp CACAO POWDER mixed with 1Tbsp COCONUT PALM SUGAR
- Grind granola in food processor
- Combine with remaining ingredients
- Add water 1Tbsp at a time to desired consistency. Form into small balls and roll in one of the optional garnishes