Boasting a naturally Low Glycemic Index (GI 35) that is nearly half the GI of cane sugar (GI 68) and lower than honey (GI 55) and even agave (GI 42)…….this super Polynesian food has the added bonus of a nutritional content richer than possibly all other commercially available sweeteners! Contains protein (12 amino acids) and comparatively high mineralization including potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc and iron.
Replace 1:1 with cane sugar in your coffee/tea/chai/cocoa or homemade lemonade/iced tea. Alternatively, it’s easily incorporated into all your favourite dessert recipes.
RAW FOODIES REJOICE!
Raw Chocolate ‘Pie’
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (chopped finely)
- 1 cup raw macadamias (chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- * Mix all ingredients.
- * Press into lined cake tin base or pie plate and chill in refrigerator for 30mins.
- (If the base doesn’t look as though it will stick, add 1-2 tsp of water to mix and a little more coco oil.)
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- * Blend all ingredients till smooth and creamy.
- * Taste the mix; add more cacao powder or palm sugar to get desired taste.
- * Spread mix on top of base.
- * Chill for 1-2 hours, use a sharp knife to cut small slivers (it’s very rich!) – enjoy!