At Hinterland Chiropractic on the Gold Coast we believe your body is a self-regulating, self-healing organism, so by taking care of yourself you can enjoy a long and happy life. This is especially true when you are pregnant. The first steps to caring for your baby is caring for yourself. Being pregnant is a beautiful time, but it can also be quite stressful.
Pregnancy can bring up a whole host of stresses, and if you have other children you can find it quite tiring, especially in the few and last few weeks.It’s perfectly normal to feel stressed, after all you are growing another life inside of you. Whilst stress is a normal part of modern day living there are ways you can work towards combatting it, this will make you and your baby feel a lot happier.
What can I do to combat stress in pregnancy?
- If you are working full-time, you can feel the stress to perform even when you’re not feeling well. Try stepping away from situations where possible and taking a deep breath. Sometimes a little distance on a problem can make a big difference. Feeling sick can be your body’s way of saying it needs rest, so when needed take a sick day and put your feet up.
- Stop thinking you can do everything you did before you were pregnant. Whilst you might be nesting or feeling the need to keep up to date with the house work, enlist some help. Let your partner take care of the tasks that are getting a little harder, take relatives up on their offers to help or even look at getting in a cleaner where possible.
- Gentle exercise is a great way to de-stress. Whether you want to go for a brisk walk, swim or you practice yoga, take some time out for you and the baby.
- The saying ‘You are what you eat’ is very true in this instance. Eating a well-balanced diet is important for both you and your baby. Since your baby will be taking all the nutrients they need, it’s important to stay healthy so there’s enough left for you.
- Get plenty of sleep, you are growing another life and that’s an important job, so make sure you are getting enough sleep.
At Hinterland Chiropractic on the Gold Coast we believe you are designed to be healthy, and we want to help you with your journey. Call 07 5527 3133 to book an appointment with one of our expert chiropractors today.