The Mental and Physical Benefits of Gardening
Gardening is not just a common pastime. It’s also the best choice for illness prevention and healing.
Studies reveal that gardening promotes physical and mental health through satisfaction, relaxation, and better nutrition.
Mental Benefits of Gardening
- Heal and calm one’s mind
- May protect the mind against the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Fights off depression
- Makes a person smarter
- Promotes positive mental outlook
Physical Benefits of Gardening
- An excellent way to get Vitamin D
- Tone muscles, strengthen your bones and extend your flexibility
- Increase blood circulation
- Help inhibit type 2 diabetes, strokes, and heart disease
While planning for a gardening schedule in advance, ask your chiropractor about some warm up exercises before heading out to your backyard.
It’s important to prepare your body for this activity so you can make the most of your gardening routine and its healthy benefits.
For more tips of maintaining a sound mind and body, visit Hinterland Chiropractic today! Experience the wondrous benefits of chiropractic lifestyle with us! Call us on (07) 5527 3133.