Chiropractic is a medical practice that involves a wide range of practice philosophies and techniques. As such, chiropractic patients should be given enough information about relevant topics such as chiropractic examination, diagnosis, and even the actual treatment program.
This is especially true for people who are to have their first chiropractic visit yet.
Read on as Dr Peter Hobson tells you what to expect on your first trip to a chiropractor.
Patient History and Symptoms
In preparation for your initial chiropractic consultation, your chiropractor will ask you to fill out forms that provide medical information relevant to your first chiropractic treatment. Among the most popular questions include:
• When did the pain start?
• What were you doing when the pain started?
• Where are you feeling the painful sensation?
• How do you describe the pain? Is it a dull, searing, throbbing kind of pain?
• Does the pain come and go? Or is it a sustained/continuous kind of pain?
• Are you currently seeking or have previously sought any related medical treatment?
• Is it possible that the pain is a result of an existing injury?
• When does the pain get worse? And if does get worse, what do you think makes it worse?
Apart from these questions and a number of other questions, first time chiropractic patients are usually asked medically related information such as family history and pre-existing medical conditions.
Based on your patient history, your chiropractor may or may not have you undergo a series of diagnostic studies. Diagnostic studies are often required by a chiropractor if there is a special need to examine for pathologies and specific structural abnormalities.
Among the most popular diagnostic studies required by chiropractors include x-ray exam, Magnetic Resonance Imaging scan, and other laboratory tests.
Diagnosis and Treatment Plan
Having gathered enough information from your patient history, and diagnostic studies, your chiropractor will now establish a specific diagnosis. Based on this diagnosis, your chiropractor will design a course of chiropractic treatment. Moreover, at the end of your first chiropractic visit, your chiropractor will explain to you the following:
• The diagnosis for your condition
• The necessary course of chiropractic treatment
• The estimated length of chiropractic treatment
It is not uncommon for chiropractors to start the treatment during your first visit. Still, there are chiropractors who prefer to wait until your next scheduled appointment. Among the most popular and relevant chiropractic treatment include the following:
• Key joint adjustments
• Chiropractic modalities that improve soft tissue healing and pain management
• Stretching and conditioning programs that improve muscle balance, strength, and coordination
• Postural improvement programs
• Other related treatments such as massage therapy, ergonomics education, and nutrition counselling
Chiropractor Gold Coast: Hinterland Chiropractic
Hinterland Chiropractic understands just how crucial it is for your general health to have your backbone properly aligned. It is important to know that if even 1 of the 24 bones that protect your spinal cord gets displaced from its normal position, delicate nerve tissues may become aggravated. This generally results in musculoskeletal discomfort along with other unwanted medical conditions.
As such, Hinterland Chiropractic offers professional Chiropractor Gold Coast. Expert chiropractors from Hinterland Chiropractic dedicate their time and skill into making the necessary spinal adjustments that help you achieve good health.
Schedule your first appointment with us today and you get $240 worth of comprehensive chiropractic consultation for only $45.
Call us on (07) 5527 3133 or click on the image below to request an appointment today!